The use of hyperbaric oxygenation in JSC «Medicina»
Hyperbaric oxygenation (HBO) is a medical procedure prescribed for the treatment, recovery and prevention of diseases associated with disorders of oxygen metabolism.
The session takes place in a special chamber with increased pressure and increased oxygen fraction.
Hyperbaric oxygen treatment (HOT) is used in many areas of medicine:
● Neurology. The treatment has a positive effect on the circulatory disorders of the brain, osteochondrosis, pathology of the hearing and peripheral nerves, neuralgia, multiple sclerosis, encephalopathy.
● Endocrinology. The therapy is used for patients with diabetes, trouble with the thyroid gland.
● Cosmetology. The method is effective in the fight against aging skin, improves complexion, removes acne or cosmetic defects, as well as rehabilitation after plastic surgery.
● Dermatology. Trophic skin changes, furunculosis, scleroderma, psoriasis and a number of other skin pathologies.
● Gynecology and Obstetrics. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is prescribed for fetal hypoxia, placental insufficiency, anemia or gestosis during pregnancy, as well as for menstrual irregularities.
In addition, the GCT method is used for ischemic heart disease, digestive organs, atherosclerosis, chronic kidney and liver pathologies, gas embolism, various degrees of intoxication, as well as in rehabilitation after COVID-19.
Hyperbaric oxygen treatment has a positive effect on the functioning of the body by enriching cells and organs with oxygen. The duration of the course is set by the doctor and can last from 7 to 20 sessions. The patient in the chamber is in a comfortable position — sitting, lying or half-sitting, without feeling the feeling of lack of space. The box design provides the ability to connect life support systems and diagnostic devices. The speakerphone allows you to communicate with the doctor during the procedure, if necessary, providing comfort and peace of mind to the patient.
Due to the increased pressure inside the chamber, fatigue and dizziness may be felt after the session. It is recommended to rest for at least 30 minutes to normalize breathing and blood circulation.
The procedure can be done at a medical rehabilitation clinic. You must first make an appointment with a doctor. After the examination, the specialist will prescribe a course and tell you in detail about the features of the procedure.